Scrap It Up is a non-profit creative reuse center. We are a place to find, donate and be inspired by a myriad of art, craft, and upcycled materials!
Our mission is to encourage sustainable behavior and creativity by diverting materials from the waste stream for use as low-cost supplies in creative reuse projects.
Address: 5935 Ridge Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45213
Store Hours: Weds 11-7, Thurs & Fri 11-5, Sat 10-2
- To be a resource for artists, students, teachers, parents, and everyone in between
- To educate the public on the importance of reusing and repurposing items rather than throwing them away or even recycling them
- To give everyone access to low-cost art, craft and other materials
- To offer classes and workshops to children and adults
- To protect the environment by offering an option to the excessive energy used to produce new materials and ship them around the globe
- To provide a community gathering place where all are welcome
You might be wondering…..
WHO ARE WE?
We are a diverse group of women who have come together for one purpose. We believe it is our individual strengths working collaboratively on one common goal that has made this possible: to encourage creativity and sustainable behavior while diverting materials from the waste stream.
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR STUFF?
From people like you as well as area businesses. Look around your house, and chances are, you have something we accept! (click here for list)
WHO CAN BUY STUFF?
Anyone and everyone – including you!
Need a nifty gift for your friend? Fill one of our awesome cigar boxes with treasures like stickers, stamps and sharpies!
Got a science project due? You’ll find lots of materials to use with your imagination!
Need some yarn to make a scarf? We have lots of yarn that’s lots cheaper than at your favorite craft store.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
We are located at 5935 Ridge Ave. in Pleasant Ridge, at the intersection of Ridge and Woodmont, across from Nativity School. You can park in the Pleasant Ridge Recreation Center lot closest to the store.
EVERYTHING LOOKS AMAZING…..BUT CAN I AFFORD TO SHOP HERE?
That’s the best part! Everything is priced very reasonably. We are not in this business to make money. We are a non-profit, and anything we earn goes back into the store. All of us volunteer our time and talents to make this project successful.
HOW CAN I HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
We need donations, we need buyers, we need people to help us sort and price, spread the word, and to assist us when the shop is open. Donations of cash are always welcome. Stop in, email or call us and tell us how you want to help!